Jigsaw


SoundScape
Quantcast

Monday, April 28, 2008

Tears in the Rain

He stood, motionless. His tears mixing with the rain as it fell, almost as if the heavens were sad for him. She had gotten into her car and left. For good. “I cant see you anymore, Shiva”, she had said. “We’ve got to cut our losses and move on.” She spoke in the language of business. He forgot how much he loved hearing her talk like that. Now all that remained was a deep sense of loss. Of hurt. Of resentment…… and he stood, too numb to think.

He was a brave man. All his life he lived fearless and free. But now. Now he began questioning the roots of that feeling. He closed his eyes and remembered. Remembered the conversations. The dances. The kisses. He remembered how good it all had felt. And now this. He was a devout person. He always believed that the god he prayed to – the god that bore his name – would not let him down. Now he felt like an idiot for believing. He tried rationalizing. She and he were from radically different worlds. The worlds had clashed, somehow and she chose to cut and run. He couldn’t blame her. Nor could she blame him.

But now, standing there in the rain, nothing mattered. She had gone, he was back to lonely, and life seemed to stand still. And he, like his tears, were lost in the rain.

10 comments:

Vishesh said...

touching man...really touching...hell to break ups...

Nafees said...

intha pombalangale ippidi than :-)

compos mentis said...

Tears in the Rain - part deux

hmmmmmm.

L

Anonymous said...

interesting...

Anonymous said...

i dont get u.is some girl saying this to u or are u just wrtin cuz u have nothing else to wrt abt?n i dont thk this is still abt ur ex...

Naveen George Thomas said...

@anon

two things....actually 3 things

1. People think they've figured me out, but I go and shatter their illusion of me.
2. Why should everything I write be about my ex? Don't you have a life?
3. Friend of mine and I wrote a mirror story. Its a concept you might like to try. The link to my friend's story is 2 comments above yours. Go read, go figure and please, go get a life

No offense, just concern.... :) Moreover, I wish you would not be anonymous....That way I can confirm my suspicions about your identity :)

Anonymous said...

u know wat...if u term "a frd" reading ur blog n asking a question as "not having a life" thats sad...

im feeling sorry i bothered to ask now....anyway for the record...the questions was abt ur wrtin...

Naveen George Thomas said...

@anon

u know what? you've gotten me completely wrong.....no friend of mine has no life....but friends who call themselves so and remain "anonymous"....yeah, they need a life....and after reading the post if you haven't gathered that its about a breakup, then vivekananda tutorial college is for you.....written english is a good course they offer....no offense meant, of course....you're a friend right? u can take it :)

ps: i feel sorry u bothered too, friend :)

Anonymous said...

u dont need to accept this comment...im jus replyin to u...

1.yes i read ur mirror blog
2.stop being rude
3.i want b anmys but...i feel more comfy like this.
4.too bad u cant read my blog.perhaps then v cud hav talked "english"

Naveen George Thomas said...

if i didn't accept, how can i reply? you should know me better, friend.

1. not my mirror blog, a friend's. and its a mirror story...not a mirror blog....sigh


2. rude? me? che che....i'm just being myself...but you already knew that didn't you, friend?

3. if anmys means anonymous, then suit yourself. comfort of my friends is very important to me

4. and no my dear, i really wouldn't want to discuss "english" with you...dont flatter yourself :)

either way friend....chill it....take a joke...all my friends can.... eventually :P

N