Jigsaw


SoundScape
Quantcast

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Guitar and the Glasses

This is something that I wrote on a piece of paper on Diwali day in 2007. I found it, and decided to put it up here. Read on.....

"The guitar. It's driving me mad. I look at it, and I remember the slender fingers that used to hold it. I look at it, and remember the tips of those fingers caressing my face. The guitar. It's all there. The wood, the finish, the strings, the frets. It's all there, but she isn't. The music from the guitar reminds me of times and songs I played for her. Even the music remains, but she's gone. In a vain attempt to numb the pain, I hug the guitar and go to sleep. It does not help. I wake up with a cut on my forehead, but not feeling the pain; as it is attenuated by the bleeding in my heart. And it's not just that guitar, or guitars in general. It's glasses. Every time I look at a pair of glasses I remember hers. I remember the time I broke it while we were together at a friend's place. I remember those lovely eyes that used to look through them to look at me. The eyes that shed tears that would stain the edges of those glasses, and flow down her cheeks, waiting for me to wipe them away. The tears that somehow called their kin from my eyes to fall with them. Guitars and glasses. They ruin me."

N

4 comments:

Ramya said...

More than anything I love the last line...Guitars and glasses. They ruin me. I think this entry, thought, realization, feeling, or whatever you call it, would suffice just the same with that line....kinda heavy...for me it probably would have been music and the rain.

It's amazing how you can capture normal human emotions in such greatness and precision that reading you exposes me to the feelings I so neatly tuck away!

Anonymous said...

Naveen, neenga rendu perum yen sera maatengireenga?

Anonymous nala reply panama vituthada. Unaku ena theryadu. I don hv a blog also. enoda peru Sathish.

Serndu vaazhunga! :) Anbe Sivam!!

Naveen George Thomas said...

@Sathish

Naana venda nu solren? Vaazhkai sila nerangalil aapu vekka dhaan seyyum

entwined said...

beautiful piece....expression tho is a sign of fading...leading to eventuality...for the good...aint it?